A silent disco seems like a contradiction, doesn’t it? Believe it or not, this concept has been introduced previously. Silent discos are said to have been around since the 1990s. The idea was conceptualized when activists started using headphones to avoid getting into trouble. Its big selling point is that the method can be used for weddings, parties, birthdays, and more without turning the music down at a late hour.
What is a Silent Disco?
The whole idea behind the silent disco is that people outside the event can’t hear any music. How is this possible? The use of silent disco headphones achieves silent discos. The secret behind everyone being able to listen to music simultaneously is the use of a transmitter. The transmitter can send audio signals to all of the headphones at the same time.
Why a Silent Disco would be Perfect for a Wedding
People may be turned off by the idea of a silent disco at a wedding. Weddings are an event that people are expected to dance with one another. How is that possible with headphones? By using one audio signal sent out to every pair of headphones, everyone at the wedding can completely sync with each other and the music. Wedding guests can dance with each other in real time with the music, all without bothering people in their homes nearby.
Benefits of a Silent Disco at a Wedding
Besides not being harassed for the noise, there are many pros to having a silent disco at a wedding.
- Perfect for a Party Bus: Some weddings that are expected to get rowdy may acquire the services of a party bus to take guests to and from venues. Silent discos are great for taking the party on the road, not distracting the driver, and are a ton of fun.
- You don’t have to buy the equipment to make it happen. There are plenty of services out there that will rent out what you need.
- Headphones can be used for outdoor events, movies, multiple guest speakers, comedians, DJs, and more!
- All equipment is expected to come sanitized and fully charged.
- Headphones should have up to 8-12 hours of playtime when fully charged.
- LED lights flash in time with the music and can be controlled as you wish.
- Professional sound quality
- Simple setup; just plug and play
- Headphones will work up to 1,500 feet from the transmitter (equivalent to over four football fields).
The only downside to a silent disco is probably the price to rent the equipment. A basic package for a small party may run you up to $200. If you need a package for a larger party, you may need to contact the company. You can also opt to purchase the equipment from some companies that allow it.
The fee may be worth it to ensure your celebration isn’t interrupted by an irate neighbor or police. In addition to the insurance, the concept seems like an overall interesting and fun idea.