AD | Affiliate Links
Looking for the perfect words to express your eternal devotion to your significant other on the big day and guests on your wedding day? Look no further!
Use romantic quotes or wedding sayings in your invitations, on your place cards, or even during your vows. Hundreds of years of wisdom have come together to give us some of the following timeless quotes to perfectly capture your sentiments on your special day.
- Perfect Words of Invitation
- Place Card Quotes: Inspirations of Love for Your Guests
- The Ultimate Anonymous Wedding Quotes
- Quotable Quotes: Famous Words from Famous People for the newly-wed couple
- Congratulations Wedding Sayings are a great idea and a good starting point
- Lifetime Wishes And A Happy Marriage
- General Wedding Wishes The Better Way
- Blessings And A Lifetime Of Love For The Wedding Ceremony
- Congratulations, The Traditional Way For A Good Marriage
- Wedding Sayings And Quotes
Perfect Words of Invitation
- The love we share today shines from sunrise to sunrise, growing brighter year to year as we share our lives.
- This day I will marry my friend, the One I Laugh With, Live For, Dream With, and Love.
- This is a day for remembering all the beautiful things that have been and a day for looking forward to all the beautiful things yet to come.
- Romance is the glamour that turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.
- A true man does not need to romance a different girl every night, a true man romances the same girl for the rest of her life.
Place Card Quotes: Inspirations of Love for Your Guests
- Gladly I’ll live in a poor mountain hut, spin, sew, and till the soil in any weather, and wash in the cold mountain stream, if but we dwell together. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love never fails. -I Corinthians 13:4-8
- My heart to you is given: Oh, do give yours to me; We’ll lock them up together, And throw away the key.
- Spouse: someone who’ll stand by you through all the trouble you wouldn’t have had if you’d stayed single.
The Ultimate Anonymous Wedding Quotes
- I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife.
- Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end.
Quotable Quotes: Famous Words from Famous People for the newly-wed couple
- I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach. – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. – Mignon McLaughlin
- Come, let’s be a comfortable couple and take care of each other! How glad we shall be, that we have somebody we are fond of always, to talk to and sit with. – Charles Dickens
- Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow. – John Lennon
- Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same. – Flavia Weedn
- What lies behind us, and what lies before we are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for their religion I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more. I could be a martyr for my religion. Love is my religion And I could die for that. I could die for you. -John Keats
- Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution? – Groucho Marx
- Marriage is like life in this: That it is a field of battle not a bed of roses – Robert Louis Stevenson
- Though marriage makes man and wife one flesh, it leaves the two fools – William Congreve
- Marriage is an attempt to turn a night owl into a homing pigeon. – Anon
- If it were not for the presents, an elopement would be preferable. – George Ade
- Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same thing. – Anon
- Love is more than gold or great riches. – John Lydgate
- Women are meant to be loved, not understood. – Oscar Wilde
- Two souls with but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one. – Maria Lovell
- She who has never loved has never lived. – John Gay
- Love makes the world go round. – John Gay
- Love is best. – Robert Browning
- The course of true love never did run smoothly. – William Shakespeare
- A happy bridesmaid is a happy bride. – Lord Tennyson
- Women have their faults, Men have only two; Everything they say, Everything they do. – Anon
- Blest is the bride on whom the sun doth shine. – Robert Herrick
Finding the perfect quote is tasking oneself with finding words that speak to the soul. A wedding quote is personal, and important and will leave a lasting summation of the beginning of your new lives together.
Pairing the perfect quote and marriage phrases with wedding music that captures the essence of your message is just as important. For additional suggestions consider one of the top romantic pieces of all-time Jacob-Bonds’s “I Love You Truly” or the hauntingly beautiful De Koven: “Oh, Promise Me.”
Congratulations Wedding Sayings are a great idea and a good starting point
When a loved one, a family member, a best friend or an acquaintance is tying the knot, a wedding greeting card is called for. But sometimes the cards on the shelf fail in expressing your sentiments to the happy couple on their wedding date. In this case, make your greeting card for the newlyweds. Many ideas will give you the perfect marriage quotes for a homemade greeting card.
Lifetime Wishes And A Happy Marriage
All newlyweds hope that they will have a long and lasting marriage. So using a saying that expresses that you share the same wish for the couple and close friends is a good choice.
Write “Congratulations” on the front side on the top of the card. Inside the card, write:
- Wishing that the two of you share a long and happy life filled with the greatest things in life
- Best wishes for a lifetime of peace and happiness
- Best wishes. Here’s hoping that you have a life filled with nothing but happiness
General Wedding Wishes The Better Way
Another option is to use a general wish in the greeting card. Tell the couple what you wish for them. Write congratulations. Then say something like:
- I wish that you dance together on your grandchildren’s wedding day
- I wish that the two of you are showered in good luck
- I wish that your house is filled with love and happiness always
- I wish you the most beautiful things that married life has to offer
Blessings And A Lifetime Of Love For The Wedding Ceremony
If you want a sweet and sentimental saying and well wishes, opt for a blessing for the wedding card. Write congratulations, then add:
- May God bless the two of you
- May God bring you happiness, sweet love and joy for the rest of your lives
- May God pour his blessings on you both
- May God bless your new lives together
- May God bring you peace and love for the rest of your life
- May the joining of you bring you more happiness and love than you can imagine. Live your love story
Congratulations, The Traditional Way For A Good Marriage
If you don’t have a close relationship with the happy couple, stick to general wedding-related phrases of basic words. A general statement from wedding guests is a good choice for a coworker or acquaintance. Use a saying like:
- Congratulations and best wishes
- Congratulations to the both of you
- Congratulations on your marriage
- Congratulations on your new life together
- Use their names in the greeting like: “Congratulations to Joe and Maria.”
Wedding Sayings And Quotes
What exactly goes into a wedding quote? The most popular theme is unconditional love quotations. Quotations are a popular part of a wedding speech. Most are humorous; all are tasteful and therefore would be welcome in all speeches. It’s a good idea to check with the other speechmakers before the day in case they have included the same quotation.